Here is a collection of useful tips for incorporating sound bites in DemoMate:
- Invest in a good microphone! We tested a variety of different recording devices, and microphone quality had the biggest impact on audio quality. Check the DemoMate Team Blog for suggestions.
- Keep your sound bites short and sweet. You don’t need continuous dialog.
- Experiment with adding sound to a Step or a Section. Select whichever approach works best for you.
- Use the Presenter Script box to write notes about what you are going to say ahead of time.
- Try using a free, professional audio recording program. We’re big fans of certain packages. Check the DemoMate Team Blog for suggestions.
- If using a professional audio recording program, normalize the volume levels of the recordings. Also, trim out any dead space at the beginning and end of your audio clips, to tighten them up. If you don’t do this, you might notice a bit of “lag” at the beginning or end of a Step or Section.
- Advanced: If needed, you can adjust the volume levels of your audio in tutorials by directly editing the following attributes in the OBJECT embed tag: ClickSoundVolume, SoundBiteVolume, and BackgroundSoundVolume. Valid values for these three parameters are between 0 (muted) and 1 (full volume).