- Adjust your primary desktop screen resolution to 1024x768.
- Launch DemoMate.
- From the File menu, select New Demo.
- Open the Remote Desktop Connection application.
- In the Computer box, type in the machine name or IP address of the machine you want to connect to.
- Click the Options button.
- Switch to the Display tab.
- Drag the Remote Desktop Size slider all the way to the right, until it says “Full Screen”.
- Click the Connect button.
- Log in to your Remote Desktop session.
- Unpin the yellow Remote Desktop bar at the top of the display, so it does not show up during your demo capture.
- Minimize the Remote Desktop session, and return to the DemoMate client.
- Click the Capture New Section button.
- For your first click, select the Remote Desktop session on your taskbar. This will maximize the Remote Desktop again.
- Proceed to capture your demo as normal, and press ESC when you are done capturing.
- After your entire demo is captured, close the Remote Desktop session and return your primary desktop to its normal resolution.
- Remove any captured steps from sections that involve maximizing the Remote Desktop connection window, since that isn’t a desired step in the demo.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
DemoMate Tip: Capturing Remote Desktops
To capture a Remote Desktop application window, it is recommended that you do so with the Remote Desktop window in full-screen mode, so that no additional windows or content on your primary desktop are also captured. The DemoMate client and the Remote Desktop need to be set to exactly the same screen resolution. Assuming that you intend to capture your demo at 1024x768, you would follow these steps: